Jean-Claude Mas will be with us to present our portfolio of wines at the London Wine Fair, Olympia. He will be joining us to showcase favourite brands such as Arrogant Frog , including the Astelia range, the new single varietals from the Côte Mas range and the newly acquired Domaine Ferrandière.
TOP 5 HIGHLIGHTS ON DOMAINES PAUL MAS STAND C61 AT LONDON WINE FAIR 2014
– 1 Domaine de la Ferrandière:
Jean-Claude Mas has continued to expand by upping the number of his signature estates to 8, adding the 100 ha Domaine de la Ferrandière property to his estates. 70 of these ha are planted with vines, at Aigues-Vives in the Aude region between Corbières and Minervois. Nestling within a former maritime lagoon, this unique limestone-clay soil is the perfect environment for vine growing and nurtures a special freshness and taste in our wines. Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Malbec, Marselan, Syrah, Pinot Noir, Riesling, Pinot Gris and Viognier flourish here, and these single varietals will be open for sampling.
– 2 Coté Mas single varietal: Following the success of the Côté Mas blends launched in 2012 (red, white, rosé), Jean-Claude Mas is expending the range by adding single varietal such as Vermentino, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and AOPs (Languedoc Red, Languedoc White, AOP Pézénas) – just like the blends, these will all be packaged with striking Art Deco labels in the vibrant colours of the Languedoc.
– 3 Sparkling wines: Following the acquisition of Chateau Martinolles in Saint-Hilaire (Limoux) in 2009, Jean-Claude and his team have put significant effort into the production of sparkling wines such as Blanquette de Limoux and Crémant de Limoux. With trends in the UK indicating continued growth for the sparkling category, Jean-Claude is launching a 100% Chardonnay BRUT and an Organic Crémant de Limoux.
– 4 Astelia range: This high-end range of wines is named after and dedicated to Jean-Claude Mas’ three daughters – Astrid, Elisa and Apolline. When asked why he chose to name the Astelia range after his daughters, Jean-Claude’s response in a nutshell “my wine and my girls are my finest achievements!”.
Astelia Cabernet Sauvignon, Astelia Chardonnay and Astelia GSM (Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre) will be available for sampling.
– 5 New Arrogant Frog packaging: The famous Arrogant Frog will be on our stand with a brand new look! The new packaging includes a different bottle type, the signature of JC MAS on the capsule and an amended label where the Frog is integrated into a vineyard. For Jean-Claude Mas, the aim of the redesign was to “avoid Arrogant Frog being confused with any critter labels and give Arrogant Frog a winemaker identity”.